Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Yesterday I had 12 people over for dinner. My husband's family has their big Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve, and this year we hosted. There were some no-no goodies around here, but I didn't have any. I roasted a wonderful turkey and made some stuffing out of whole wheat bread. So, I ate turkey, a little stuffing, green beans, and a salad. For dessert I skipped the pies and cookies and just had a few strawberries with a little bit of whipped cream and some sugar-free apple cider. I wanted some of the fluffy mashed potatoes, because I make some really good ones, but I refrained. I know that it's just one day, but I didn't want to have a repeat of what happened at Thanksgiving. I ate well and I went to bed at the end of the day feeling good and proud of myself.

Today is leftover turkey, which I love! :)

Merry Christmas, everyone! If you stay on plan, good for you! If you don't, that's okay... just make sure you are right back on tomorrow!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like you stuck to your plan, awesome!! I'll be one of the ones back to it tomorrow!!

Merry Christmas to you!

Maddds

Sonya said...

Wow, you did really well! Congrats!!!