I got on the scale this morning hoping, praying, to be under 300 pounds. The digital scale read 300.2... then dipped down to 299.9... then kept hopping between 300.2 and 299.9. I stood as still as I possibly could and the scale finally stopped bouncing and rested at 300 even. I found myself feeling really bummed about it. :( I didn't do so well on Thanksgiving and the scale was all the way up to 306 at the beginning of this week. So, I decided to be very disciplined with my eating this week and paid close attention to portions and water and everything. I really wanted to get under 300. So, I spent a minute feeling down over the weigh-in.
But, then I realized that weighing in at 300 means that I've officially lost 100 pounds. That's definitely nothing to be bummed out about! So, I started feeling a lot better once I realized that I'm the girl who has lost 100 pounds in exactly 8 months. Not a lot of people actually accomplish that, and I should be proud. And I am. :) I've lost a lot of inches, too... 8 inches off my bust, 10 inches off my waist, 5 inches from my hips, 7 inches from my thigh, and 5 inches from my upper arm.
My mom came to visit me today and she was really excited about my milestone loss. She wanted to take me to buy a new outfit to celebrate. I bought a pair of size 24 jeans! They have a slight stretch to them, which I know helps them fit. They aren't tight, but are definitely form-fitting... but, they slide on, button, and zip and I can breathe and sit comfortably, so I'm claiming it... I've gone from a 32 jean to a size 24. In 8 months!!
Here are my old jeans... it might be hard to tell, but they are filled with a lot of air now. And, yes, I know I have no head...
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Congratulations on your 100 lb. loss! That is AWESOME, girl! You should be SO proud of yourself! What an accomplishment! And you did it in only 8 months! That is AMAZING!!!
You are going to be under 300 before you know it. Keep up the good work! You are SUCH an inspiration. I know that if you can do it... I can, too. Thanks for that! :)
What a great accomplishment! Any time you get down on yourself just remember this incredible milestone and how much you CAN shave off another 100.
Good luck!
Congratulations, that is such a huge milestone!! You should be so proud of yourself and I bet you feel amazing!!
And on top of that you are just about in Twoterville, yaaa - another huge milestone, all your hard work is paying off!!
Maddds
I just came to CELEBRATE with you! This is a wonderful thing, a great accomplishment. And a huge weight loss. Looks like another year will see you under 200.
My weight loss hero of the week is YOU!
The Princess
Hi, I'm coming here via Chubby Chick. Congratulations, you are an INSPIRATION!! Well done. I can't find words to describe how hopeful this makes me feel.
Hi there,
I'm also coming here through chubby chick and it's a great thing I did!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 100lb loss is sure nothing to be bummed about. What a huge accomplishment. Keep up the good work.
Congratulations! What an awesome accomplishment. Have a terrific day.
www.sybilizedliving.wordpress.com
What an inspiration! Congratulations! I will definitely follow your journey and draw strength from reading your blog.
Wow! What an AWESOME accomplishment! Pat yourself on the back because it's not easy. You are my inspiration :)
WHOOO HOOO! CONGRATS! 100lbs is no small feat.
I found you through chubby chick, and you can be sure I'll be a regular reader now!
Post a Comment