Sunday, October 7, 2007

Saturday's weigh-in...

So, I've set myself a goal this month of only weighing once a week instead of hopping on the scale every single chance I get. I use the scale at the gym as my official scale and I decided to do my weigh-ins on Saturdays because I'm at the gym in the morning and I think that my morning weight is more accurate than in the afternoon.

So, I weighed yesterday morning and the scale said 312! I have been stuck at 317-318 for 3 1/2 weeks with no downward movement even though I've been sticking to plan and doing my exercise. I was really excited to see that jump!

So, what did I do differently this week? Well, I upped the intensity during my cardio workouts. I always get my heart rate up and I'm sweaty when I do the elliptical or the treadmill. But, after watching the Biggest Loser this week, I realized that while I may be sweaty, I'm never really breathing hard like the people on the show are when working out. So, I pushed myself harder and upped the treadmill speed a little.

I also added some good carbs into my diet this week. I had an apple with peanut butter twice this week and I also had some Fiber One cereal with light soy milk for breakfast a couple of times. I'm not sure if it was the food or the exercise that helped the most, but I'm going to stick with both and see how the next week pans out.

I'm so close to having lost 100 pounds! I never thought I'd be able to get this far in my weight loss efforts... the most I've lost before was 40 pounds a few year ago... but then I put it right back on plus 30 more! Although it is a little depressing to know that once I've lost 100 pounds I'll still be really fat. :( I just try not to dwell on that thought.

9 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

312!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! You ROCK!!!

You know when I stall I add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter every couple of days and it breaks the stall every time!

Keep up the great work!!

The Fat Foreigner said...

You're so awesome.

I wish I could weigh in less frequently, but it jsut doesn't work fo me. On one hand when I lose I would see a big fall, it would be a lovely suprise. But on the other I need to know approximately where I am in order to stay on track. I miss that great high of 'wohoo, I lost 4lbs this week!' but if I'm gaiing I can knock it in the head fairly quickly. It does leave me quite suseptible to the month time bomb that is my period gain though because I never know when it's going to come.

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! Congrats on the weight loss! That is incredible! And I am SO happy for you!

You are such an inspiration to me, girlfriend! I started out at 368.4 lbs, and I'm around 340 now. I get discouraged sometimes when I think about how much weight I need to lose, and I wonder if I can really do it. But then I read inspirational blogs like yours, and I see wonderful ladies who are losing a lot of weigh... and I am encouraged again. Thanks for that!

Your 100 lb. loss is just around the corner! Woo hoo! You can do this! You ARE doing it! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job!!

Twix said...

I have been stuck at 314 forever too. I'm going to take your advice and see if it's the thing that works! Thanks! Congrats on the new weigh in!! And on losing so much already! Totally cool!! :)

Gibbons-Camp said...

congrats on breaking through the wall! 100 is just around the corner :)

R.E. said...

Excellent job! It is so terrific when you get past a "stuck point."

I have a few invitations for you. You are very welcome to join our Yahoo discussion group, Sharing a Healthy Path, for anyone working on losing over 100 pounds. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/healthypath/


And, to add your blog to Writing Healthy a top list for weight loss bloggers. My goal with the top list is to share motivation, healthy thoughts, and diet tips
from bloggers across the web working on weight loss. http://writinghealthy.gotop100.com

Lyn said...

Way to go! You're doing great. Congrats on the nice loss this week too! I will be coming back to check out the rest of your blog :)

The Fat Foreigner said...

So how's the weekly WI working out for you? good or no?