Monday, October 1, 2007

Another month down...

I can't believe it's October already! I lost 8 lbs for September, which is exactly what I lost in August. I was hoping to make it to 10 lbs but it didn't happen. It wasn't for lack of trying, though! :)

I have been stuck right around the same weight for the last couple of weeks and it's really frustrating. I know that if I just keep chugging away the weight has to come off eventually, right? How can someone exercise and eat right and hold onto all of this weight? I know it will come off, I just have to try and not get so frustrated when it doesn't come off at the rate I want it to.

My goal for October is to lose at least 10 lbs. I am also setting a goal of weighing no more than once a week. I am crazy nuts when it comes to the scale and I think I'm subconsciously messing myself up with the daily fluctuations. Eh. :/

5 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the 8 lb. weight loss for September! That really is great!

I don't know why the numbers on the scale sometimes stay the same for so long... even when we're doing everything right. I think our bodies just do crazy things that we have absolutely no control over sometimes. I don't know how else to explain it. But I know that as long as we persevere... the numbers on the scale WILL go down. So hang in there, girl!

I think limiting yourself to one weigh-in a week is a great idea. You'll probably feel a lot less stressed if you do that. :)

The Fat Foreigner said...

as someone who has been screwing around up and down in the 220's for the past 5 months, I feel your pain when it comes to the scale not moving. But yayayay for when it did because 8lbs is awesome.

Diana Swallow said...

8 pounds is a great accomplishment! Once a week weight is a great idea too, I'm making myself stick to that rule too...and on Monday to keep me honest and clean over the weekend!

Nice to see you posting again!

MB said...

8 lbs is 8 lbs. You're going in the right direction. It will happen. Don't get discouraged by the numbers on the scale. The scale is evil.

sweetnes said...

Congrats on that 8lb loss! I guess we'll have to hide the scale from you and me both LOL