Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Four-and-a-half months ago...

Four-and-a-half months ago I decided to finally do what needed to be done to lose weight. A lot of weight. I don't know why I didn't think about starting some type of blog/journal about it then. But now when I think about it, I think that it's a good idea to record my trials and tribulations as I go through this journey... my journey to become an ex-fatgirl.

So, since April 1st, 2007, I've lost 71 pounds. Not bad, eh? I used to weigh 400 pounds. And now I weigh 329. I can't believe that I actually ever reached the 400 pound mark. But I did. And I'm ashamed of that. Very, very ashamed. But it happened and it's over. And I'm no longer there... and I vow to never be there again. And if that means exercising my butt off every day for the rest of my life, I'm on it.

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to lose weight. I've wanted to lose weight my whole life... I just didn't have the right mindset to actually get it done. Not only that, but I didn't even know exactly what to do about it. Eat less, move more... right? I'm finding that it's actually not as simple as that. There are tricks to the trade, my friend. And I'm actually learning what those tricks are. And I'm having success... and it feels really good.

My intentions are to use this blog as a way of recording my progress... but, not only that, I think it will be a form of therapy for me when I need to vent or sort my thoughts. Losing weight isn't easy... but it's necessary.

0 comments: