Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sloooooooow Scaaaaaaaale....

Is there anything more annoying than painfully, excruciatingly slow movement on the scale? That's what I've been going through for the past few months. I'm down to 255, which I'm thankful for. But it's really hard to see such slow losses. I've tried changing things up with my eating and my exercising... but nothing is really helping too much. Yes, I know that a loss is a loss and at least I'm not gaining, right? And I am really thankful for every pound that comes off.

I started grad school this summer... so I'm really busy. I have so much more on my plate than weight loss... which is good, in a way, because it helps me not obsess so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's painful watching the numbers not cooperate or be as friendly as we'd like. But it's worth it. Remember "they" keep telling us the slower and more steadily you lose it, the greater the chances of keeping it off. Keep that in mind and while you're at it don't forget pat yourself on the back for continuous loss.

Anonymous said...

145 down, 80 to go...pretty good numbers. Congratulations. Quite remarkable.

Anonymous said...

Yes, especially when you have rapid weight loss in the beginning!

Anonymous said...

totally agree and found it was almost EASIER in grad school because of that!

Miz.

Anonymous said...

145 pounds in a year is truly, truly amazing. Yet plateaus are still difficult. When I plateau, I try to keep in mind that just as my mind has to pause to figure things out sometimes, my body has to do the same thing as it adjusts to my healthier eating, better fitness routines, and other self-care. And that does just take a while and is truly only a problem if I make it a problem.

AGirlWorthLosing said...

I hear you on this!!!

Heather said...

Plateaus happen to us all. I highly recommended changing up your routine. You're body has gotten used to what you're doing, so it's time to make it work harder. I don't know what you're doing exercise-wise, but think about revamping that routine. Like if you are exercising in a gym - think about taking about an outdoor activity like tennis or golf. If you are walking every night - try to start jogging. Good luck!