Friday, May 23, 2008

Plateau Woes...

Well, it really was bound to happen. I haven't lost any weight in about 5 weeks. I know, I know... this is expected to happen when your body does amazing things like lose 140 pounds in barely more than a year. But I don't like working hard and seeing zero results. It really isn't the most encouraging thing.

So, last weekend my trainer gave me permission to eat, eat, eat... well, to not go crazy, but to up my carbs and calories kind of significantly. I did that during the weekend, then went back to my phase 1 South Beach-ish diet. Yes, there was a weight gain from the indulgent weekend... but as of Wednesday most of that was off. I'm hoping that my weigh-in tomorrow morning at the gym will show a loss of some virgin fat. Please!

It's funny, though... even though the scale is super stuck, I'm getting more compliments on my weight-loss than ever!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I hope yesterday's carb binge supercharges my weight loss... I've been stuck for a couple months now!

let me know how this worked out for you!

Danni said...

The dreaded plateau! It scares me,so I know you're frustrated right now. I think you have the right mindset and I look forward to your next post when you can happily say you are back on the scale decline! Best wishes :-)

Lovebug6100 said...

I've been in the same plateau pattern and it makes me want to quit....and it makes me wonder how some people can continuously lose and I get stuck...it's been 5 months and I've only lost 25 pounds....not a great motivator...but I think you've pushed through! What's your secret?

Elz said...

Jesus I hate you you are so good!! I cant believe you are at 260. I wish I could get myself to do it. I am trying.

Anonymous said...

WHen you no longer lose weight for a while it might mean you need to drink more water, eat less calories, or exercise more, or even make more bowl movements (sorry disgusting, I know). you may need ALOT more fiber. and I think weight watchers works better than south-beach...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment...I totally agree with you. I eat less than 1,200 calories alot because I have alot of siblings and I can never made it a point to eat exactly that much without going overboard or I'm just not hungry so I usually eat close to 1000 calories which is bad..I know and I don't get much exercise. (Im home schooled) and its hard to get my parents to take me out to exercise. Im trying to do as much indoor exercise as possible .

Anonymous said...

what i ment going overboard im mean eating up all the food, we sometimes shop as if we were a small family, we buy alot of rice and meat and fish though oh and bread olive oil...stuff like that...not to great when you on a diet

Diet Diva said...

Just found your blog and cant wait to read more.

-Dawn

The Fat Foreigner said...

How're things going now? Hope everything is ok!