Well, today was the one year anniversary of the day I started eating better and losing weight. It's really hard to believe that I've stuck with it for a whole year. In that time I've lost 135 pounds. That's 1/3 of my starting weight! One hundred and thirty five freakin' pounds!
I plan on taking one year progress pics... I just didn't get a chance to today. I hope to have some ready by the end of the week.
There is a week left in my county's weight loss competition. I received an email today that said that every person who loses over 12% of their starting weight for the competition will receive some sort of cash prize. I feel bummed because in order to hit that 12%, I'll need to lose 7 pounds this week. Seems impossible because I just lost 6.4 this week and I never have big loss weeks back to back anymore. I don't want to not try, but I don't know what to do to get that kind of loss. But I don't want to almost get there. I'm trying not to feel discouraged. :(
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Congratulations!! That's a huge amount of weight to have lost.Be proud!! I know we are!! :D
What an enormous amount of weight lost!! Congrats! I don't think I'd try to push this competition thing, btw - it's probably not the best idea to maybe starve yourself to lose the 7 lbs if your body is just not willing to let go of them that quickly...what counts is this huuuuuuuge loss you've already achieved!! Awesome!
What a great accomplishment. 135 pounds in a year. You are amazing!
WOWSERS CONGRATS TO YOU!! That is simply amazing!! You should be super proud of yourself!!!
Keep up the inspiring work!!
Have a wonderful day!
*huggles*
=0)
135 lbs! That is awesome! I am so proud of you!!!! And even more proud that you have stayed on track to getting healthy for the whole year. YOU GO GIRL! Though the competition is fun and helps drive you, you don't need any prize except feeling great to know you are doing wonderful!
135- SO inspiring! Congrats on 1 year down- that's the hardest part :-) Keep up the GREAT work!
Phat Teacher
WOWOWOWOWOWOW....that is insane!!!! Congratulations for sticking with it and losing that much weight. I've been doing this for almost a year now, and have only lost 36lbs so far..okay not only, but you know what I mean. You are amazing!!! What a success...WTG!!!
Happy Anniversary!
This is the first time I've read your blog, simply because I am lazy when it comes to this. If you read mine, you'll see that I started in August of 2007 to lose weight. For 2 months, I worked out hard and ate right and did well. I lost almost 30 pounds. Then I hurt my knee and slacked off. I didn't gain any back, but I didn't lose any more. I got down to almost 290. Then, I got pregnant. I'm now 19 weeks along, due in August 2008. I've lost an additional 7 pounds so far since my first doctor's appointment.
When I found out I was pregnant, I thought to myself that my journey would be over and that I was going to be obese the rest of my life. I was so down about how obesity can affect a pregnancy. Those thoughts have been plaguing me for the past 4 months.
But now, after reading your blog, I realize that you don't have to go to some reality show to really improve yourself. I know now that it's never too late to kick your own a$$ into shape.
I can't wait to have this baby so I can get back to the gym. Being a stay-at-home mom of a 5 year old already, I know it's not going to be easy. But how much harder could it be than dealing with being 300 pounds and trying to keep up with my son and my husband and, soon to be, a baby?
Thank you!
Happy Anniversary! And congrats on the amazing amount of weight that you have lost so far! You are truly an inspiration to all of us! :)
Hi; I am also working to lose weight and recently have hit a bit of a valley. The last two weeks have just been really tough, but I am grateful to have come across your blog because I feel like we have a lot in common. I'm 26, married, and part of my weight loss goal is because I want to be able to have children. Also, if I can get a job in the tough Seattle Social Studies market, I am also a teacher.
So... congrats on losing 135 pounds, and thank you for encouraging me to stick with this and not give up. I'll keep up on your blog, so you keep up on updating :)
Congrats! 135 is amazing!
what an amazing accomplishment! you're my inspiration girl!
Post a Comment