Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving...

So, I'm sloooooowly inching my way down to 300 pounds, then once I'm out of the 300's, I vow to never see them again. My weight loss has been slow this month, but I'm not really surprised. I always seem to have a couple of slow weeks during the month, then a bunch of weight seems to fall off over night.

I really, really want to be at 300 by Thanksgiving. Mostly so that I can tell my family that I've lost 100 pounds. But, also because I think it will help me stay on track that day instead of losing control and pigging out like I always do during the holidays. If I'm on a "I've just lost 100 pounds" high, I think it will be easier to stay away from the junk and load up on turkey and veggies instead.

I think that the hardest things to stay away from will be the stuffing and the mashed potatoes. I am making the macaroni and cheese and I'm going to use Dreamfield's pasta but not tell anyone. That way I can have a small serving but not be worried about the carbs. Of course dessert will be a pain to pass up, but maybe if I eat enough turkey and veggies, I'll be too full for cake, pie, and pumpkin rolls. :)

Yes, I know that it's just one day, and that eating off plan won't derail all of my progress and cause me to gain back 97 pounds. But, getting through the day without stuffing myself silly will be a huge feat, and it will help me to see that I am definitely not the same person I was 97 pounds ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog off and on for awhile and I have to say you ROCK your hard work and dedication gives me hope I hope you keep kicking ass I enjoy your blog

Diana Swallow said...

You ROCK!!

Elz said...

First I have to say we all know you can't pass up dessert on thanksgiving lol. I bet they won't even know you changed the macaroni. 97 pounds down 3 pounds to go that is fantastic to say the least. Can you tell me what a typical days worht of food would be and how much exercise. I think you are an insperation and I hope this time next year I can say I have lost 100 pounds! How long has it taken you? Well I hope you have a happy thanksgiving. I know I will be having some mashed potatoes They are my weekness!!