
They taste pretty good warm with a tiny smear of Brummel & Brown spread. I might try the recipe again with a fruit other than banana.
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk or fat free buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup mashed banana
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, splenda, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and stir together. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir together until well-blended, but don't overdo it. The batter will not be thin like pancake batter, but more of a medium-thick consistency. If it seems too stiff or dry, add a little bit more milk. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups (use cupcake papers to avoid having to grease the pan). The batter will not pour, but will need to be scooped into the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and a knife/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Information for one muffin: 115 calories, 20g carbs, 3g fiber, 3g fat, and 4g protein.
5 comments:
Those look really good! Thanks for sharing.
Diced apple and cranberries might be a nice treat for the fall season or maybe use canned pumpkin instead of mashed banana? Add more spices?
Hey, I started reading your blog today. I read all of 2007's post. I teach 4-k, and naptime is over and have to get back to work, so I will be reading more tomorrow... Just wanted to let u know that u are an inspiration. I'm going through a slump, but I know I can do it. Way to go on losing 145 lbs so far! That rocks!
Those look so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
i love banana muffins. thanks!
Hello. I am a university professor who is conducting research on WEIGHT LOSS BLOGGERS AND THE ROLE BLOGGING HAS PLAYED IN THE BLOGGER’S WEIGHT LOSS.
As you may be aware, a lot of research has been done over the years on weight loss but very little has been done on blogging and weight loss. I hope you will help me remedy this.
I have chosen you as a potential research participant because you have a weight loss blog, have a weight loss goal of 100 pounds or more, and have been blogging for at least three months.
If you choose to participate in this study, you will be asked to complete a survey that I will email you. Your answers will be completely confidential and I will use a pseudonym of your choice in the final study.
I have an information sheet about the study I would be happy to share with you. Please email me at aldridga@nsuok.edu if you would like to take a look at it.
Thank you for your time and best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.
Sincerely,
Amy Aldridge Sanford, PhD
Assistant Professor of Communication Studies
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK
Post a Comment