I know it's been a while since my last post. But sometimes life and busy schedules get in the way of blogging. :)
So, I'm down to 278. It's been slow-going lately, but I really can't complain much when I'm down 122 pounds in less than 11 months. I am still in that weight loss competition I mentioned last time. My team isn't doing so hot... but some people aren't as committed as they said they were in the beginning. If there's anything I've learned on this weight loss journey, it's that you have to want it. Some of my teammates obviously don't want it. If you don't want it, it isn't going to happen no matter what other people say to you. There's something that clicked inside for me last April and I haven't looked back. I made a commitment to myself and I will never look back.
My losses for the competition haven't been too impressive lately. But, it's hard for me to compete with the people who are just starting out with their weight loss. My body used to lose 5-6 pounds in a week... it just can't do that all the time anymore. I haven't hit a plateau, because I am always having some kind of loss each week... even if it's 1/2 a pound. I should be more grateful for those little losses, but it's hard. I want to be under 200 pounds now. Not later, but NOW. Ugh. I'll get there eventually.
I don't have any recent progress pics to post. I think I might take some when I hit 275, which will be 125 lbs gone. That's a nice milestone to mark with progress pictures.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats on your loss so far! Can't wait to see the progress pictures
Great to have you back! :) Also cant' wait to see the photos -- awesome weight loss so far, btw!
Congrats on the loss... You're getting there. Slow and steady wins the race :)
I just hope I can make that kind of progress!
Congrats on your continued losses!
You are doing amazing! I look forward to the pics. I am in the same boat you were in 11 mos ago. With about the same amount of weight to lose, it is great to see someone so successful!
I love reading your blog! I have decided to start my own, but have no idea how to get the ball rolling and get readers! Any suggestions? I am on a 100 lb weight loss journey- thanks for any help! http://phatteacher.blogspot.com
Post a Comment